Meridian Home Watch & Property Management
Our services offer the most comprehensive and professional absentee home management and on-demand services for house or home, town homes, and condos in Eastern Sussex County, Delaware including Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Bethany Beach, Lewes and Millsboro.
Many insurance companies have clauses in their policy’s regarding absentee periods over 30 days unless your property is written as a second residence. Should a loss occur this clause allows the insurance company to deny a property claim.
In the event of any problem detected requiring immediate attention you will be notified by phone. We will contact the vendor of your choice, or we can contact a vendor who works with us.
If no problems – an e-mail will be sent after each visit.
Home Watch Services
- Close home for winter, Open house for the spring
- Maintain keys in our office for opening & closing for contractors
- Check & gather mail/fliers/newspapers and put inside in designated area.
- Check exterior of home to check for broken windows, or obvious signs of vandalism.
- Check for any exterior weather related damage.
- Check smoke detectors/CO2 detectors.
- Check interior for visible water damage (hot water heater, leaking toilets or faucets, etc.).
- Check to insure all windows and doors are securely locked.
- Check your home before and after a tropical or winter storm to secure loose items(ie. porch furniture, etc.), lower hurricane shades – as required.
- Check A/C and/or heating for proper operation – as required.
- Check to insure there are no tripped electrical breakers, if so reset.
- Check refrigerator for proper operation, or for mildew if turned off.
- Run garbage disposal to make sure seals do not dry out.
- Check visually for ants or pests.
- Check home after visits from authorized guests.
- Check & Clean debris off porches and/or driveway.
Snow Bird Package
For all you people that need sunshine, palm trees and golf in the sunny South during the winter.
We have estalished a program to give you peace of mind while you enjoy the warm winter.
Asking a neighbor every time doesn’t always work.
Included in this weekly visit:
- Exterior check of all doors and windows to make sure they are secure
- Collect fliers, leaflets, pickup mail from Post Office the day you are to arrive home.
- Light debri cleanup, if the wind blows extra hard.
- Interior check to make sure there are not leaks from sinks, tubs, toilets
- Check interior dooors and windows for security.
- Turn on lights and heat the day you will arrive home.